Shares in the responsibility of supervision/direction of students, office staff, assistant principals, department chairpersons, teachers, counselors, teaching assistants, aides, monitors, and any other professional staff members assigned to the high school and/or its activities/events
TITLE: VICE PRINCIPAL
QUALIFICATIONS: New York State SBL or SBL and SDL (SBL and SDL preferred)
Earned Master’s Degree
Experience in teaching and/or administration totaling at least five years
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
SUPERVISES: Shares in the responsibility of supervision/direction of students, office staff, assistant principals, department chairpersons, teachers, counselors, teaching assistants, aides, monitors, and any other professional staff members assigned to the high school and/or its activities/events
JOB GOALS: Promote the educational success of students and staff through leadership in curriculum, instruction, assessment, building, extracurricular, and program management and operations.
- The vice principal shall serve as second in command in the building, under the principal.
- Shares in the responsibility for the coordination of summer learning opportunities for all students. Examples of this may include, but are not limited to, a liaison for regional summer school programs and the Extended School Year program, and supervisory responsibilities for summer learning opportunities for students.
- Responsible for the coordination of the district’s tutoring program.
And in conjunction with the principal:
- Works in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the school’s curricula, instruction, and assessments.
- Determines the needs of instructional equipment, supplies, and textbook needs of the building.
- Supervises students and maintains fair and equitable standards in student discipline.
- Is visible in the building, district, and community; actively participating and encouraging staff and student participation in community, recreational, social, extracurricular, and athletic functions both on and off school property.
- Provides leadership and supervision in establishing programs and activities designed to foster positive relationships among students and between students and staff, meet the social-emotional and academic needs of students.
- Assists in the coordination of instruction between special and classroom teachers in meeting the needs of students with disabilities and 504 accommodations.
- Assists in staffing needs, recruitment, interviewing, and screening of applicants for positions within the building.
- Shares in the responsibility in observing, evaluating, counseling, and motivating staff and students that are directly supervised so as to improve their performance.
- Assists in planning and conducting building faculty meetings and other building meetings as required and/or needed.
- Assists in planning and coordinating recognition events such as, but not limited to, academic awards nights, recognition assemblies, class events, and graduation ceremony.
- Assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the principal, superintendent or his/her designee.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- 12-month position
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and HAA collective bargaining agreement
- Benefit schedule per HAA collective bargaining agreement.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with Board policy.
Application materials must contain cover letter of interest, district application, resume, three (3) current letters of recommendation (less than one-year old), official transcripts, and a copy of certification or eligibility status.
Deadline to apply is Friday, June 18, 2021.